Friday, December 21, 2007

Carlisle Cross Classic


Alicia and I raced at the Carlisle Cross Classic that was held December 1. It was a very cold and windy day. The race was held at the Carlisle Fairgrounds which was already decorated for the Christmas Lights they were holding that evening. It looked very festive. Alicia was racing on her new cross bike for the first time. She could hardly wait. As for me, I was not sure if I really wanted to race or not. I was feeling pretty crappy the night before. I decided to pack my clothes and bike. Alicia and I walked to registration and got Alicia registered and then handed me my number to. Well I guess that settled it I was racing. I could not back out now. I hopped on the trainer for a bit and then Alicia and I went for a pre ride of the course. It was a fairly fast course. We went up everyside of the one hill that was there. My start was not as I had wanted it to be. I has some issues clipping in with my left foot. I am not too sure if that has something to do with the fact I could barely feel my feet. Alicia and all the other women pretty much left me in dust. So I hauled butt to catch up. It was pretty tough just to finish because I still felt pretty crappy. I ended up getting 16th place and Alicia got 20th in B Women and First Place in U19 Women. This was the last race for my cross season. It was lots of fun and I am really to go again.

No comments: